Along with the most competitive prices, we take care to include all the insurance coverage you need to drive safely in the States. This means that you do not have to worry about looking for the various insurance options and that with us you can find the policies that are right for you at affordable prices. Renting a car in the USA with Auto Europe is very simple! You don’t have to spend your time figuring out how to insure your car, because we can offer you rates that include the insurance coverage required to drive safely in the United States. It’s up to you to plan your trip – everything else is included in your car rental. Here is a list of US insurance policies included in our rates.
- Liability Insurance (LI) : Provides insurance coverage up to the minimum amount mandated by each state. Keep in mind that these amounts vary from state to state, so it’s important to read the contract carefully.
- Additional coverage for civil liability (ALI) : offers coverage in the event of damage to objects and people outside the rented vehicle. Covers up to $1,000,000. Coverage also extends to a single driver of an uninsured vehicle up to $1,000,000 per incident.
- Limitation of Liability for Damages (CDW) and Limitation of Liability for Theft (TP) : This policy eliminates the customer’s liability in the event of damage to or theft of the rental car. The policy may also include coverage for glass and tyres, but it is important to check the contract when booking. Both policies are included in the “No Deductible” rates, so the customer does not have to purchase any extra policy when picking up the car.
- Uninsured Driver Damage Coverage (UMP ): In many cases, rental rates include UMP. This policy is used when a third party causes damage to your hire car and you do not have sufficient insurance coverage.
As you can see, the policies included in Auto Europe’s rates guarantee those who book with us the peace of mind of a worry-free journey. But it is still important to know what exactly is covered by the insurance policy. So please read your voucher carefully before picking up the car and make sure you understand the information it contains. Remember that if you want to add a driver, it is generally necessary to pay a supplement, but also know that, once paid, the insurance coverage extends to each additional driver included in the booking. When you arrive at your destination in the USA and you go to collect the your car, the car rental agent may offer you additional services. Knowing what is included in your contract is therefore as essential as knowing what is not. Then, when you pick up the car, you can evaluate whether to purchase additional services, which vary from supplier to supplier. We have listed some of the most common ones:
- Personal Injury Insurance (PAI) : Covers medical and funeral expenses in the event of the death of the customer or passenger if the event occurs during the car rental period.
- Coverage for personal effects (PEC) : the PEC insures the personal effects of the client and of each family member.
- Assistance Plus (RSP) : includes, among other things, coverage in case of key replacement, car opening service, refueling if the customer ends up dry.
- Roadside assistance : covers mechanical breakdowns of the car, including tires and batteries (with replacement), car opening service (assisting the customer locked out of the car with the keys inside) and refueling (when the vehicle ran dry). Remember that the cost of extra fuel and tires is not included.
In other words, car hire with Auto Europe includes vehicle and third party liability insurance. What you can add when you pick up the car is additional coverage for you and your luggage. Finally, where can you find all this information? Is simple! All the conditions are listed during the booking process by clicking on the “ Blue information icon ”. For any kind of assistance and further information, you can call us on our number +39 06 948 045 37, or contact us online. Our team is at work 7 days a week and ready to help you with any of your requests! We wish you a good trip!