The quickest option to get caught up on a very powerful issues taking place as we speak in Woodstock-Towne Lake.
| Up to date
This put up was contributed by a group member.
Hello all. I am again along with your contemporary copy of the Woodstock-Towne Lake Patch e-newsletter. Here is every little thing it’s worthwhile to find out about what’s taking place domestically. Right now’s subject contains information about…
- A Group Affect Grant could be ready for you.
- Scholarships can be found for choose college students.
- The storms minimize energy for a bit yesterday.
However first, your native climate:
- Saturday: Largely sunny. Excessive: 65 Low: 41.
- Sunday: Largely sunny and gentle. Excessive: 70 Low: 44.
Take a look at what our native sponsor can do for you:
Seeking to purchase or promote a house within the Woodstock space? What if we instructed you we might join you with an area realtor with 22 years of expertise promoting houses in our space and with dozens of 5-star opinions from previous purchasers? Meet Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices’ Leslie Spennato. Leslie will get raves by going the additional mile. Message or name her as we speak: 770-330-0291
Need to see your small business featured on this spot? Click on right here to get began.
Listed below are the highest three tales in Woodstock-Towne Lake as we speak:
- The Service League of Cherokee County is accepting purposes for Group Affect Grants. The Service League is awarding $30,000 in complete and is on the lookout for different native organizations that “work to take away obstacles and allow youngsters to develop, study, and prosper…” In case your thought or challenge is one thing you consider will assist our native youngsters, you may attain out through the Service League’s web site right here. The deadline for purposes is March 17, and the winners might be notified by March 28. The Service League can be at present accepting purposes for his or her Service League Scholarship program. The scholarships are for native highschool seniors and are awarded based mostly on want, achievement and suggestions. You may learn extra about this system right here, the applying window closes on March 31. (Service League of Cherokee County through Fb)
- The Cherokee Sheriff’s Workplace is asking the general public for assist in figuring out three individuals presumably concerned in an shoplifting incident on January 10 in Acworth. The three have been captured on digital camera within the CosmoProf retailer at 6199 Freeway 92. If you happen to acknowledge the three or have details about their whereabouts or the incident, please contact the Sheriff’s Workplace at 770-928-0239 or 9-1-1 concerning Case #SO23-000456. (Cherokee Sheriff’s Workplace through Fb)
- The winds and rain hit our space fairly closely yesterday, however the space as a complete appeared to flee main harm. Famous on the Sheriff’s Fb web page, Freeway 108 was shut down north of Mitchell Highway into the early night resulting from a downed tree and energy traces. There was no estimate given to when energy could be restored to the realm as of this writing. (Cherokee Sheriff’s Workplace through Fb)
Right now and tomorrow in Woodstock-Towne Lake:
- Cherokee County Faculty District (CCSD) Licensed Job Honest: the job truthful might be held at River Ridge Excessive Faculty, please pre-register right here. The district is on the lookout for licensed, full-time lecturers. (9 a.m. – midday)
- Digital Recycling Drive: Easy Digital Recycling is holding their drive at St. Michael the Archangel Roman Catholic Church, 490 Arnold Mill Highway. They will besides cell telephones, laptops and desktops, screens, keyboards, mice, cables and cords, printers and scanners, recreation programs, DVD’s and Blue Ray discs, iPads, iPods, Kindles and tablets. Charges apply for TV’s and microwaves, they usually cannot settle for batteries, mild bulbs, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, thermostats or giant home equipment. (9:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
- Sequoyah-Con: the mini-convention sequence begins as we speak on the R.T. Jones Memorial Library, situated at 116 Brown Industrial Parkway in Canton. It is a free, all-ages occasion and this week’s occasion is Pokémon themed. There might be themed fandoms, panels, crafts, a scavenger hunt, trivia for adults, music, a dressing up contest and extra. Take a look at the hyperlink for the schedule of occasions. (10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- Cooking Camp Open Home: take a look at Leaning Ladder’s cooking camp, there might be mild bites created by present campers, and you will have an opportunity to satisfy the camp employees and the latest Georgia State Watermelon Queen. Camp registration begins on-line this Monday, Leaning Ladder is at 105 E. Essential Road. (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Georgia Beer Day: delivered to you by Georgia Craft Brewers Guild (GCBG), it is Georgia Beer Day at Reformation Brewery. Get your restricted version glassware to carry house whereas provides final – with $1 of every glass benefitting GCBG and member breweries. Reformation is at 105 Elm Road. (midday – 10 p.m.)
- Lynn Cullen In-person Occasion: You may order a hand-signed copy of the writer’s e book “The Lady with the Remedy” on-line right here. The meet and greet itself is free and might be held at FoxTale Ebook Shoppe, 105 E. Essential Road, Suite 138. (1 – 3 p.m.)
- Battle of the Brews: participate in blind tasting, rank your favorites, hear from an area brewer and revel in some nice meals at The Day by day Draft, 8594 Essential Road. (2 – 4 p.m.)
- Paint and Chat Skilled Artwork Courses: for all talent ranges, all provides might be offered for the portray class at Tranquility Tremendous Arts, 9194 Essential Road. (2 – 4 p.m.)
- Artisan Wine Tasting: get pleasure from superb wines at The Gifted Ferret, 1910 Eagle Drive, Suite 400. (5 – 7 p.m.)
- The Lasting Snigger: for ages 12 and up, clear comedy hosted by Jessica It is All Good on the Woodstock Arts Theatre, 8534 Essential Road. (7:30 p.m.)
- Human DJ: reside at Donovan’s Irish Cobbler, 1025 Rose Creek Drive. (9 p.m. – 1 a.m.)
- Shyanne: the band might be enjoying reside tonight at Guston’s Grille, 12195 Freeway 92, Suite 156. (9:30 p.m.)
MadLife Grill Patio Stage – free reveals, no ticket wanted
- Jayna Jennings (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Spenser Smith (2 – 5 p.m.)
- Steve Baskin & The Fourteens (5 – 8 p.m.)
- Layne Denton Band (8 – 11 p.m.)
MadLife Stage & Studios
- SkynFolks – Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute (7 p.m.)
- The Jett Hearts – Joan Jett Tribute (10 p.m.)
- Pamela Terry In-person Occasion: You may order a hand-signed copy of the writer’s e book “When the Moon Turns Blue” on-line right here. The meet and greet itself is free and might be held at FoxTale Ebook Shoppe, 105 E. Essential Road, Suite 138. (2 – 4 p.m.)
- Mario Diaz: the artist might be enjoying reside on the rooftop at PURE Taqueria, climate allowing, at 405 Chambers Road. (4 – 8 p.m.)
- Music Bingo: each Sunday at Sidelines Grille – Woodstock, 300 Village Heart Drive. (6 p.m.)
- Goldpine Listening Room Session: catch the reside music in The Listening Room at Rootstock, 8558 Essential Road. (6 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Singers & Songwriters Evening: hosted by RustedMelody, with particular friends Andy Thacker, Hannah Pettigrew and Jamison Bradfield at Guston’s Grille, 12195 Freeway 92, Suite 156. (6 – 9 p.m.)
MadLife Grill Patio Stage – free reveals, no ticket wanted
- Layne Denton (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Greg Shaddix (2 – 5 p.m.)
- Dreyden (5 – 8 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- Reminder: The Buzz, situated at 7345 Cumming Freeway in Canton, won’t have Open Gymnasium time blocks this weekend as a result of CYB championship video games. (Cherokee Recreation & Parks)
- Cherokee County Animal Shelter is holding their weekly adoption occasion as we speak, and all pets 6 months and older are free to undertake. The obtainable animals may be seen on-line right here. A QR code on the entrance door of the shelter will grow to be energetic at a random time round 10 a.m., please scan the QR code to enter the “digital line.” The shelter adopts on a primary come, first served foundation, and animals cannot be placed on maintain. All animals will go house with their spay or neuter, heartworm and leukemia testing, preliminary vaccinations, deworming, flea preventative and microchipping full. (Cherokee County Animal Shelter through Fb)
- The subsequent Espresso with a Cop is going on at Circle of Associates Espresso Store at The Circuit Café on Thursday. Officers from the Woodstock Police Division might be there from 8:30 – 10 a.m. for an off-the-cuff meet and greet, the Café is situated at 1 Innovation Manner. (Woodstock PD through Fb)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Magnolia Stroll: “Somebody’s pet bunnies, a brown, and a all white bunny are sitting up by the road in entrance of a white truck at 310 N. Briar Ridge Rd. I noticed a put up earlier in regards to the white bunny, however was unable to search out it once more. I simply wished to let whoever is on the lookout for them know that they’re sitting form of beneath the white truck at 310 Briar Ridge. I hope they discover their house quickly.” (Nextdoor)
Extra from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Now you are within the loop and able to begin this Saturday. I am going to see you quickly!
— Nina Lightcap
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Woodstock-Towne Lake Patch e-newsletter? Contact me at Woodstock@Patch.com